Cleaning your turbo prevents you from replacing it !
Over time, carbon deposits accumulate and the engine efficiency decreases as the consumption increases. With Bardahl products, you will prevent your turbo from seizure. Cleaning a turbo is within everybody’s reach!
How does a turbo work?
In petrol as in diesel engines, the simple or variable-geometry turbocharger (turbo) significantly increases performance thanks to the compression of the air volume entering the engine.
The system is quite straightforward. The exhaust gases drive a turbine located in the heart of the turbo. On the same turbine shaft is another turbine which compresses the air and directly sends it into the air intake of your engine. This guarantees a much higher volume of air.
This volume of air is regulated by a discharge valve (wastegate) and is then cooled by the intercooler before entering the air intake.
How and why does a turbo get clogged?
The turbo is an engine part located on the exhaust manifold and is therefore in direct contact with the exhaust gases and with the soot that stick to it.
The elements making up the turbo inevitably get clogged. The parts that are the most affected are the vital ones such as the discharge valve (wastegate), the variable-geometry and the turbines! This creates a decrease of the engine performance that can lead to other problems or even to the replacement of the turbo.
This is when the degradation cycle of your engine begins. This decreases the performance of your engine and increases the risk of other parts clogging. The turbo can also block or fail when you are overtaking. Think about it, your safety depends on it.
Why should you clean the turbo?
The maintenance of your engine is essential to increase the lifespan of your vehicle and specially to limit the cost of repair – but not only! Cleaning your turbo with Bardahl products will allow to:
- Eliminate soot and carbon deposits that seize the turbo
- Clean without dismantling the mobile parts, the variable-geometry and the turbo blades
- Reduce the clogging of the turbo, EGR valve, DPF, exhaust and catalytic converter
- Reduce seizure and improve the turbo performance
- Limit fuel overconsumption and limit polluting emissions
- Improve engine efficiency thanks to a better exhaust gases diffusion
- Extend the turbo lifespan
How to know if the turbo needs to be cleaned?
Prevention is always better than cure. Using our preventive additives, you will prevent your turbo from being clogged. If you do not have this reflex yet, there are many symptoms that can alert you before the engine failure. It never seems to be serious at first, but the consequences can be very expensive if you do not act:
- Holes in the acceleration
- Engine jerking
- Turbo whistling
- Lack of power between some engine rpm
- Orange or red warning light
- Struggling to go over 3,000 rpm
- Degraded mode (warm or cold engine)
- Turbo works better after having started the engine again
How to clean and protect your turbo?
Our tips to prevent the turbo from getting clogged.
The estimated cost for a new turbo ranges from € 1,500 to € 4,000 depending on the type.
To avoid the expenses related to the replacement of your turbo, there are 2 solutions :
1. Pour the content of a bottle in the fuel tank
Our additives are easy to use, you just need to add them to the fuel as a preventive or curative treatment.
2. Turbo and engine cleaning
- If you drive in town or only run short distances, use Bardahl Turbo cleaner every 5,000 km or once a year.
- If you often drive on highways, use Bardahl Turbo cleaner every 10,000 km or once a year.
- It is recommended to drive occasionally at a lower engine rpm. For example, drive at 120km/h in 5th gear instead of the 6th for 15 minutes.
The most efficient and innovative process on the market to clean the air intake is Bardahl eco-cleaning program!
Bardahl has the largest professional network in the world and our 3000 experts clean your engine to give it a new youth!
Where other methods of hydrogen cleaning try to clean all parts of your engine by injecting only one solution into the air intake, Bardahl independently treats each part of your engine for an optimal result.
Your injectors, air intake, EGR valve, turbo and DPF are cleaned in 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Concrete and immediate results
Engine and turbo cleaning from 59 € >>>
- Decreased consumption and therefore increased autonomy.
- Decreased exhaust fumes opacity and therefore decreased harmful emissions.
- A more flexible and dynamic driving.
- More power and original responsiveness.